From Kambia to Sherbro Island, WorldRemit has Sierra Leone covered.
- The fast, simple way to send money to Sierra Leone
- Industry-leading payment security
- Use a computer, smartphone or tablet
Cash pickup in Sierra LeoneInstant transfer
Cash is usually available to collect within minutes from any of the following branches:
- Afro International
- Wickburn Foreign Exchange
To collect the cash, the person you’re sending the money to will need a valid photo ID (either a Sierra Leonean passport, National ID card, driving licence or foreign passport with visa) and the 10-digit reference number we’ll send by email and SMS when the funds are ready.
Where can you send money to Sierra Leone from?
At WorldRemit, you can make a Sierra Leone money transfer online from more than 145 countries around the world. You can send money to Sierra Leone using any device, making it a quick, convenient and simple way to make your transfer.
A few of our most popular transfer routes include:
- UK to Sierra Leone– Transfer cash from the UK to Sierra Leone and put more Sierra Leonean leone (SLL) in your recipient’s pocket.
- America to Sierra Leone– We offer excellent exchange rates and low fees on all US dollar (USD) to Sierra Leonean leone (SLL) transfers. Just enter your transfer amount and we’ll show the exchange rate upfront.
- Canada to Sierra Leone– Once you’ve completed your Canadian dollar (CAD) transfer, the cash will usually be ready to collect in less than 10 minutes.
- Australia to Sierra Leone – Help to support friends and family in Sierra Leone from 10,000 miles away.
How much money can you send to Sierra Leone?
There may be minimum and maximum limits that apply to your Sierra Leone money transfer. This will depend on where you’re sending the money from and the payment method. Simply enter the intended transfer amount into the ‘Send to’ box on this page and a pop up will tell you if it exceeds the limits.