From Mandera to Mombasa, WorldRemit has Kenya covered.
- Send money instantly to M-PESA mobile money accounts in Kenya
- Transfer to all major banks in Kenya, including KES and USD accounts
- Cash is available to collect instantly from Upesi Money Transfer, KCB, National Bank of Kenya, Diamond Trust Bank or Unimoni. View the full list of pickup locations in Kenya
- Your money is in safe hands with us: we've sent more than a million transfers to Kenya
How to send money to Kenya
1. How do you want to send? Choose between cash pickup, bank deposit, mobile money or airtime top up - there's more information on all of these below.
2. Who are you sending to? Add the details of your recipient or choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past.
3. How are you paying? Choose how to pay, and we'll send confirmation to both you and your recipient by SMS and email when your money is sent and received.
Bank transfer to KenyaNext working day
- Transfer to any KES or USD account.
- Transfer to all major banks next working day.
- If you're sending to business accounts (for school fees, for example), make sure to provide a clear reference so that your payments can be identified by your recipient. This could be your invoice number, a student's name or something similar.
Cash pickup in KenyaInstant transfer
If you'd prefer to send your transfer as cash, your recipient could pick it up straight away from:
- Upesi Money Transfer
- National Bank of Kenya
- Diamond Trust Bank
- Unimoni branches listed below
Mobile money to KenyaInstant transfer
Send your money instantly to M-PESA accounts.
All you need to do is:
- Check that your recipient already has a Mobile Money account
- Make a note of their Mobile Money number, ready to make your transfer
Airtime top up in KenyaInstant top up
Mobile airtime is added straight away to phones on Kenyan networks, such as Airtel, Safaricom, and Orange.
Where can you send money to Kenya from?
At WorldRemit, we provide a fast, safe and cost-effective way to make a money transfer to Kenya online from more than 145 countries around the world. Some of our most popular routes include:
- Australia to Kenya – If you have family or friends living, working or visiting Kenya then you can provide financial support by sending Australian dollars (AUD) to Kenya from more than 6,000 miles away.
- Canada to Kenya – We offer excellent exchange rates on the Canadian dollar (CAD) to put more Kenyan shillings (KES) in your loved one’s pocket.
- America to Kenya – Choose the best way to send US dollars (USD) to Kenya, whether it’s a cash pickup, bank deposit or airtime top-up.
- UK to Kenya – Sending money to Kenya from the UK has never been easier. Transfer sterling (GBP) in three easy steps.
How many Kenyan shillings can you send?
The amount of money you can send to Kenya online depends on the transfer type you choose, the country you make the transfer from and the payment type.
Choose how you want to transfer money using our ‘Send to’ calculator and add the amount you’d like to send to find out.