From Mandera to Mombasa, WorldRemit has Kenya covered.
- Send money instantly to M-PESA mobile money accounts
- Transfer to all major banks, including KES and USD accounts
- Cash is available to collect instantly from Upesi Money Transfer, KCB, National Bank of Kenya or UAE Exchange branches. View the full list of pickup locations in Kenya
- Your money is in safe hands with us: we've sent more than a million transfers to Kenya
How to send money to Kenya
1. Choose how you want to send: select M-Pesa, bank deposit, cash pickup or airtime top-up, and enter the amount you want to send. You'll see our low fees and exchange rate up front.
2. Enter your recipient's details: choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past, or add a new recipient.
3. Pay for the transfer: both you and the recipient will get notifications by SMS and email when the money is sent and received.
Bank transferNext working day
- Transfer to any KES or USD account.
- Transfer to all major banks next working day.
- If sending to business accounts (eg. for school fees), please provide the appropriate reference so payments can be identified by the recipient (e.g. invoice number, student name etc).
Cash pickupInstant transfer
Cash is available to collect instantly from Upesi Money Transfer, KCB, National Bank of Kenya, Diamond Trust Bank or UAE Exchange branches listed below
Mobile moneyInstant transfer
Money is added instantly to M-PESA accounts.
- Please check that the recipient already has a Mobile Money account.
- You will need the recipient's Mobile Money number.
Airtime top upInstant top-up
Mobile airtime is added instantly to phones on Airtel, Safaricom, and Orange.
Where can you send money to Kenya from?
At WorldRemit, we provide a fast, safe and cost-effective way to transfer money online to Kenya from many countries around the world. Some of our most popular routes include:
- Australia to Kenya – If you have family or friends living, working or visiting Kenya then you can provide financial support from more than 6,000 miles away.
- Canada to Kenya – We offer excellent exchange rates on the Canadian dollar to put more Kenyan shillings in your loved one’s pocket.
- America to Kenya – You can send airtime, cash or make a bank deposit in Kenya quickly and cheaply from the US.
- UK to Kenya – Sending money to Kenya from the UK has never been easier. Make your transfer in three simple steps.
How many Kenyan shillings can you send?
The maximum amount of money you can send to Kenya online changes depending on the country you are sending the money from and the payment type.
Each country has its own rules relating to money transfers and it’s often the case that different limits apply to card payments and payments made from your bank account.
To check how much money you can send to Kenya, just enter the value of the transfer you’d like to make into our ‘Send To’ calculator and you’ll see if it’s possible.