Here’s the proof
Trustpilot rates WorldRemit as excellent
The easiest, quickest and most cost effective way of sending money abroad. Very efficient.
Clement Addai-Bempah - 28 days ago
The app is easy to used and zero hassle. The customer service is very good and would keep on using the app and I will highly recommend if you want hassle free transactions.
Cesar Ortiz - 29 days ago
I’m so happy for the service that WorldRemit provide. I paid for the service yesterday night and receive the money today! Even faster than the standard time.
Ivves Hermosilla - 3 months ago
Cheap and fast way to send money to Malawi. I highly recommend it.
Grenna Kaiya - 3 months ago
Excellent service - Efficient, competitive rates, smooth operation and very streamlined to establish and register with them. How easy in just to do it from any device; this is my first time online for funds transmitted to Samoa and I've been shopping around and checking on reviews for a trustworthy service; hoping they maintain its outstanding performance. DEFINITELY!!! would recommend WorldRemit to anyone.
Rosafuamatala Leo - 3 months ago
This is probably the best money transfer app ever.
Jeffrey Dadzie - 3 months ago
A top gold service, very high standard. I was happy with my order and recommend to my friends, family or anybody. I would describe their work with a 5 stars. Excellent job.
Krisztina Farkas - 3 months ago
From Bawku to Takoradi, WorldRemit has Ghana covered.
- Send money straight away to MTN Mobile Money accounts in Ghana
- Enjoy instant cash pickups and fast bank deposits in partnership with UnityLink
- Safe transfers using secure TRUSTe payment technology
No fees on your first 3 money transfers. Use promo code 3FREE on each payment
Already a customer? Save $20 instead! Just refer your friends and you'll both get $20 off.
How to send money to Ghana
1. How do you want to send? Choose between cash pickup, bank deposit, mobile money or airtime top up - there's more information on all of these below.
2. Who are you sending to? Add the details of your recipient or choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past.
3. How are you paying? Choose how to pay, and we'll send confirmation to both you and your recipient by SMS and email when your money is sent and received.
We're always looking to save you money - have a look at our comparison page to see how much you could save.
When it comes to sending money online, you’ve got a few options to choose from. We’ve outlined these below for you, and you can also head to our FAQ for more detail.
Bank transfer to Ghana1-2 working days
If you’d like to send your money directly to a bank account, great news! In partnership with UnityLink, our transfers arrive within 2 working days to all major banks which include the following as well as many more. For a full list please see our FAQs here
- Agricultural Development Bank
- Barclays Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Ghana Commercial Bank
- Golden Link Financial Services
- Guaranty Trust Bank
- The Royal Bank
Cash pickup in GhanaInstant transfer
WorldRemit in partnership with UnityLink
If you'd prefer to send your transfer as cash, it's available to collect in Ghana straight away from any branch of:
- Agricultural Development Bank
- ARB Apex Bank
- Fidelity Bank Ghana
- First Atlantic Bank
- GCB Bank Ltd
- GN Bank
- Global Access Savings & Loans
- Golden Link
- Republic Bank (Formerly HFC Bank)
- The Royal Bank
- Universal Merchant Bank
- Zenith Bank
Mobile money to GhanaInstant transfer
Money is added straight away to MTN Mobile Money, Tigo, Vodafone and Airtel Money accounts in Ghana.
All you need to do is:
- Check that your recipient already has a MTN Mobile Money, Tigo, Vodafone or Airtel Money account
- Make a note of their MTN Mobile Money, Tigo, Vodafone or Airtel Money account number ready for your transfer
Airtime top up in GhanaInstant top up
Mobile airtime is added straight away to phones on Airtel, MTN, Tigo, Vodafone, Expresso and Glo.
What limits apply when you send money to Ghana?
The maximum limit for a money transfer to Ghana depends on the country you’re in, the transfer type you choose and how you want to pay. It’s often the case that card payments have different limits to transfers made directly from your bank account.
To check the limit for your money transfer to Ghana, just add the amount you'd like to transfer into our ‘Send to’ calculator and we'll let you know straight away.
Popular payment routes
You can send money to Ghana from more than 50 countries around the world with us. We offer low fees and bank-beating exchange rates on all international money transfers to Ghana to put more money in your recipient’s pocket.
You can send money to Ghana from the UK, the US and many more. Our most popular transfer routes include:
- Australia to Ghana – Whether it’s a money transfer or an airtime top up, we make it easy for people in Australia to keep in touch and support their friends and family in Ghana.
- UK to Ghana – It's never been quicker or easier to send money to Ghana from the UK thanks to WorldRemit.
- Canada to Ghana – If you have friends and family in Ghana then you can make sure they have the funds they need in a safe, convenient way.
- America to Ghana – One of our most popular routes, we offer excellent rates when exchanging your US dollar to Ghanaian cedi to make your money go further.
How long will it take for the Ghanaian cedis to arrive?
When you send money to Ghana, it usually arrives within minutes! But don't forget: this will depend on how you made your transfer:
- Bank deposits to Ghana – Instant transfers are available but this depends on your recipient’s bank
- Cash pick-ups – Your recipient will be able to pick up the money from their bank straight away
- Airtime top ups – These will be made immediately*
- Mobile money – These will be made immediately*
*There may be small delays if there’s congestion on the local Ghanaian network.