From Panchagarh to Lāta Chāpli, WorldRemit has Bangladesh covered.
- The fast, simple way to send money to friends and family in Bangladesh
- Industry-leading payment security
- Use on a computer, smartphone or tablet
How to send money to Bangladesh
1. Choose how you want to transfer money to Bangladesh: select mobile money, cash pickup, bank deposit or airtime top-up, and enter the amount you want to send. You'll see our low fees and exchange rate up front.
2. Enter your recipient's details: choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past, or add a new recipient.
3. Pay for the transfer: both you and the person you're sending to will get notifications by SMS and email when the money is sent and received.
Bank transfer2-3 days
Transfer to all banks within 2-3 working days.
Cash pickupInstant transfer
Cash is available to collect instantly from any of the following networks:
- Collect instantly from any branch of Brac Bank, Social Islami Bank or the Dutch-Bangla Bank payout network.
- Collect instantly from any branch of the following banks in the Xpress Money network:
- Agrani Bank Limited
- Bangladesh Krishi Bank
- Bank Asia Limited
- First Security Islami Bank Limited
- Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited
- Janata Bank Limited
- National Bank Limited
- Pubali Bank Limited
- Rajshahi Krishi Unnayan Bank
- Rupali Bank Limited
- Sonali Bank Limited
- Southeast Bank Limited
- United Commercial Bank Limited
- Uttara Bank Limited
Mobile moneyInstant / 1 working day
- Instant transfers to bKash mobile wallet accounts
- Transfers to Rocket mobile money accounts in 1 working day.
- Send money instantly to bKash mobile money accounts and send to Rocket mobile money accounts in 1 working day.
- Please check that your recipient already has a registered bKash or Rocket account.
- You will need your recipient's bKash or Rocket mobile account number.
Airtime top upInstant top-up
Mobile airtime is added instantly to phones on Robi, GrameenPhone, Airtel, Banglalink, Citycell, and TeleTalk.
Where can you send money to Bangladesh from?
With WorldRemit, you can send money online to Bangladesh from over 145 countries around the world. So wherever you are, you can make a quick and convenient transfer in minutes. Most commonly, our customers choose to send money to Bangladesh from the UK, the US, Australia and Canada, but that is just a very small selection of the possible routes.
Transfers can also be made using any device, whether it’s a laptop, notebook or a smartphone, so you can support your family and friends in Bangladesh from the comfort of your own home or even on the move.
How much money can you send to Bangladesh?
The amount of money you can transfer to Bangladesh depends on the country you’re in and the transfer type you choose. However, it is very easy to check the transfer limit that’ll apply to your intended transfer.
Simply select the transfer type in the blue ‘Send to’ box on this page and enter the amount you’d like to send. If that exceeds the maximum amount then a pop up will appear telling you the transfer limit that applies.
Exchange rate – Bangladeshi taka
When you make a money transfer to Bangladesh, you’ll pay for the transfer in your currency. We will convert that currency into Bangladeshi taka using competitive exchange rates which are consistently better than those offered by the banks.
We will show you the exchange rate you’ll receive along with our low fees before you complete the transfer. This allows you to check that you’re receiving the best possible rate. We’ll also show you exactly how many Bangladeshi taka your recipient will receive.
Once the transfer has been made, both you and your recipient will receive SMS and email notifications to inform you that the transfer is complete.