Send mobile money to Zimbabwe
See below for answers to your questions about sending mobile money to Zimbabwe.
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Zimbabwe?
You can send to Ecocash mobile money accounts.
Please note: The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Zimbabwe?
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you in order to comply with our regulatory requirements before we can process your transfer. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Zimbabwe?
US Dollars (USD) only.
However, recipients have now the option to convert USD to Fourth Zimbabwe Dollar (ZWL) from the EcoCash Wallet. To do that, once they received the amount in the FCA Wallet, they need to dial *150# and select the option "Bureau de Change" from the menu. Based on the exchange rate of the day, the amount they wish to convert will be automatically credited into their local ZWL Wallet.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Zimbabwe?
- A maximum of USD 2,000 per transfer
- Your recipient’s Ecocash mobile money account can only have a maximum balance of USD 2,000 at any given time. Please ensure the account has sufficient capacity for your transfer to be processed successfully. Your recipient can do this by reducing the balance in their account.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to Zimbabwe?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their mobile money account exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active Ecocash mobile money accounts only.
- Length: 9 digits in total (excluding country code).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transfer, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient in Zimbabwe pay?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transfer.
Some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.
What is the Zimbabwe Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) and how does it affect my mobile money transfer?
Please note: Effective 20 February 2019, the Zimbabwean government has discontinued The Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) programme.
Can my recipient withdraw any funds from their EcoCash wallet?
Yes. Recipients can withdraw money from their EcoCash wallet from any of the shops below:
Econet First Street
- 19 George Silundika Avenue Harare
- +263 772222502
- First Floor, Joina City, Corner Jason Moyo And J. Nyerere, Harare
- +263 774222086
- 198 Herbet Chitepo Avenue, Harare
- +263 772222820
- Sam Levy Village, Borrowdale, Harare
- +263 783910444
- Shop 3 Samar Gallery, Avondale Shopping Centre, Hararee
- 2 Kelvin Close, Graniteside Harare
- +263 772792650
- Harare International Airport, Hatfield, Harare
- +263 774222070
- 79 Livingstone Avenue, Avenues, Harare
- +263 774222061
- 2 Old Mutare Road, Msasa, Harare
- +263 772793500
- 44 Silwood Close, Chisipite Harare
- +263 772222527
- Shop 2 Ruwa Shopping Centre, Ruwa, Harare
- +263 774222058
Econet Town Centre Chitungwiza
- Shop 9 Old Mutual Complex, Town Centre, Chitungwiza
- +263 772222778
- Shop 14 Seke North Mall, Makoni Shopping Centre, Chitungwiza
- +263 774222057
Econet Huruyadzo Chitungwiza
- Huruyadzo Shopping Centre
Econet Mini Shop Zengeza 2
- Zengeza 2 Service Station
- +263 772222720
Econet Bulawayo Main
- 79 Robert Mugabe Way, Bulawayo
- +263 772222525
- Shop 6 Zonk'Izizwe Shopping Complex, Bradfield
- +263 774222065
Econet Hunterfly Bulawayo
- 108 Fife Street Corner Fife And 11Th Street, Bulawayo
- +263 772222370
Econet Gweru Main Shop
- 356 Mercury Building, Gweru
- +263 772222925
Econet Gweru New Shop
- Shop 10 Megawatt Complex, Gweru
- 32 Robert Mugabe Way, Masvingo
- +263 039- 265091/2
Mutare New Shop
- 59 2Nd Street, Mutare
- +263 772222551
Econet Mutare Old Shop
- 61 1St Street, Mutare
- +263 020-65029
- Mt Selinda Road Opposite Bata/Main Street
- +263 774222035
- Checheche Bus Terminus
- +263 774222257
- Chivhu Park Opp Standard Chartered Bank
- +263 774222011
- Shop 5A Zesa Complex
- Bindura Bus Terminus Opp Tm Cnr C Hunzvi And B Gezi
- +263 772222730
Econet Mt Darwin
- Main Street
- +263 772222470
- Chegutu Bus Terminus
- Chinhoyi Town Bus Terminus
- +263 774222255
- Tshovhani Bus Terminus
- +263 774222256
- Gokwe Bus Terminus
- +263 772222785
- Gutu Growth Point
- +263 772222519
- Gwanda Flea Market
- +263 772222940
- Waverly Bus Terminus
- +263 77222408
- Shop # 8 Pg Complex
- +263 774222796
- Marondera Bus Terminus
- +263 772222640
- Kotwa Bus Terminus
- +263 772222551
- Mvurwi Bus Terminus
- +263 774222065
- Chinzanga Township Terminus
- +263 774222146
- Nyika Bus Terminus Behind Cbz Bank
- +263 774222254
- Plumtree High School Gate,Kingsway
- +263 774222005
- Manda Street Gwaai Parade
- +263 772222294
Econet Victoria Falls
- Shop 6 -7 Sophers Arcade Parkway Drive
- +263 013 44834
- 85 Robert Mugabe Road
- +263 051 3215
- Katanga Shopping Centre
- +263 772222640
- Lomagundi Road Opp.Bp Service Station
- +263 774222009