Terms and Conditions
1. The Christmas Instant Win Prize Draw (the “Prize Draw”) is run by WORLDREMIT LTD whose registered office is at 62 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ (“WorldRemit", "we" or "us").
2. By entering the Prize Draw, you agree that you have read and accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and any winner. We may refuse to award the Prize(s) (as defined below) where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
3. The prize is an electronic voucher to be redeemed against your next money transfer (individually the “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”). The value of the Prize will be one of two amounts which will be given in the send currency as set out in the appendix below. There are a total of 5,000 Prizes to be won.
4. The Prize must be redeemed within three calendar months of the Opening date (as defined below).
5. The Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prizes are not transferable. The Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any Prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. The Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on the Prize.
How to Enter
6. The Prize Draw will open at 00:01 GMT on 13th December 2017 (the "Opening Date") and will close at 23:59 GMT on 31st December 2017 (the "Closing Date"). All entries must be received by us by 23:59 GMT on the Closing Date. Any entries received after this time will not be eligible to win the Prizes.
7. The Prize Draw is open to anyone over the age of 18 who is sending money from the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Germany, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Norway or Sweden except if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of WorldRemit or is otherwise connected with the organisation.
8. To enter the Prize Draw you must go on our website where there will be a page on which you can click to spin the wheel for a chance at winning a Prize.
9. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Prize Draw.
10. Only one entry per person is permitted per day. You can only claim a Prize once and after claiming one Prize you cannot claim a second Prize.
11. Participants agree that they will comply with all applicable laws when entering the Prize Draw.
Ownership and Use of your Entry
12. By entering the Prize Draw, you give WorldRemit (including our group companies and affiliate companies) the right to, publish and use your name in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes both during and after the Prize Draw, without any payment to you.
13. Winners will be selected by a random computerised process.
14. Winners will be notified immediately after entering the Prize Draw in the pop-up window on screen. To claim the Prize you must submit your full name and email address and an email containing the Prize will be sent to you.
15. The names of winners will be available on request to firstname.lastname@example.org. By entering this Prize Draw you give us permission to make available your last name and town or country of residence if you win.
Data and Marketing
16. When you give us the information we ask for as part of this Prize Draw, you agree that we, our agents and our suppliers may use it (i) as needed to conduct the Prize Draw as we have described in these terms, and (ii) to contact you in the future for related marketing and promotional offers relating to the WorldRemit service.
17. You may choose to stop receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails, or by contacting us via this form. You can also use the form to request to review, delete or update your personal information to ensure it is accurate. We aim to respond to all requests for access within 30 days. You can also contact us in writing at the address below:
WorldRemit Ltd, 62 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ
18. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third parties, insofar as required and necessary for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize. Any personal data relating to you will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
20. We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of €500. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this Prize Draw.
21. We are not responsible for:
- losses not caused by our breach or negligence;
- indirect losses (these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this Prize Draw);
- entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, damage, delay or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control;
- technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control; or
- any failure to provide the Prize Draw, the Prize or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arises because of events outside of our reasonably control.
22. WorldRemit reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend this Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so. Any changes to the Prize Draw will be notified to entrants as soon as reasonably possible by WorldRemit.
23. WorldRemit’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Prize Draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into on it.
24. The Prize Draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. If you wish to take court proceedings against WorldRemit you must do so within the United Kingdom.
Appendix - voucher code amounts
|Participating send country||Voucher amount 1||Voucher amount 2|
|United Kingdom||3 GBP||5 GBP|
|United States||5 USD||8 USD|
|Australia||5 AUD||10 AUD|
|Canada||5 CAD||8 CAD|
|New Zealand||5 NZD||10 NZD|
|Sweden||30 SEK||50 SEK|
|Norway||30 NOK||50 NOK|
|Germany||3 EUR||5 EUR|
|Netherlands||3 EUR||5 EUR|
|France||3 EUR||5 EUR|
|Belgium||3 EUR||5 EUR|
|Italy||3 EUR||5 EUR|
|Spain||3 EUR||5 EUR|