Send bank transfers to Uruguay
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Uruguay via bank transfer.
Which banks can I send to in Uruguay?
You can send transfers to any bank in Uruguay.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Uruguay?
You can send to checking and savings accounts.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Uruguay?
Usually within 1 working day. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
Sometimes we may require further information to comply with our regulatory requirements. If this is the case we will email you.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Uruguay?
Uruguayan Peso (UYU) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Uruguay?
A maximum of UYU 70,000.00 per transfer, or the limit for your send country, whichever is lower.
What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Uruguay?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s bank name, branch name and account number.
- Mobile number - We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional) - We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so. However, this could lead to delays.