- Which banks can I send to in Uganda?
- What type of bank accounts can I send to in Uganda?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Uganda?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Uganda?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in Uganda?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send to bank accounts in Uganda?
Which banks can I send to in Uganda?
You can transfer money to any bank in Uganda.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Uganda?
You can send to checking/ current, savings and business accounts.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Uganda?
Usually within 1 working day. However, this time may vary if additional information is required from your beneficiary. In any case, we will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Uganda?
Ugandan Shillings (UGX) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Uganda?
You can send a maximum of UGX 7,000,000 per transfer.
We will need a copy of your recipient’s ID if this is the first time you are transferring an amount over UGX 3,000,000. Our local agents will contact them to obtain this or any other additional information they may need to proceed with the credit of the funds.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send to bank accounts in Uganda?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) bank branch name and (3) account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.