How to transfer money to Centenary Bank, Uganda
Centenary Bank, Uganda
- Low fees, bank-beating exchange rates and nothing for your recipient to pay
- The money will be available the next working day
Make an international money transfer to Centenary Bank in Uganda
With WorldRemit, you can send money to the Centenary Bank in Uganda online using our bank deposit or cash pickup service. All you need to do is sign up for a free WorldRemit account, which takes just a few seconds. You’ll then be able to send money to Centenary Bank from more than 50 countries around the world.
Our bank transfer service allows you to send money direct to current, savings or business accounts with Centenary Bank in Uganda. Once the transfer is complete, the funds will usually be available within one working day (the processing time may vary if we require additional documentation from your recipient).
Our cash pickup service is the fastest way to send money to Centenary Bank. Once you’ve completed the simple transfer process on our website or app, your recipient will be able to collect the cash from any branch of Centenary Bank, usually within minutes.
How to send money to Centenary Bank in Uganda
Whether you choose to send money for a cash pickup or make a bank transfer to Centenary Bank in Uganda, the process is quick, simple and secure.
- Click the ‘Cash Pickup’ or ‘Bank Transfer’ tab in the calculator at the top of this page
- In the case of a cash pickup, you’ll have to choose your payout network. You should select the first option which starts with ‘Centenary Bank, Shumuk…’
- Enter the transfer amount – you’ll be shown the low fees and competitive exchange rate you’ll receive upfront
- You’ll be asked to create an account or log in if you haven’t already
- Enter the details of a new recipient or choose from a list of people you’ve sent to before
- Choose your payment method and pay online
You and your recipient will be sent SMS and email alerts when the funds are cleared (bank transfer) and ready to collect (cash pickup).
Please note: When making a bank transfer to Centenary Bank in Uganda, please make sure the bank details you have for your recipient are correct. It will also prevent delays if you enter your recipient’s name exactly as it appears on their bank statement.
How does your recipient collect money via cash pickup?
Your recipient can go to any branch of Centenary Bank in Uganda to collect the cash.
They must quote their 8-digit transaction number, which we’ll send you and your recipient by SMS and email once the funds are ready to collect. They must also show one form of government-issued ID (Ugandan passport, driving licence, national ID card or foreign passport with a valid visa or refugee card).
What’s the fastest way to transfer money to Centenary Bank in Uganda?
The fastest way to make an international money transfer to Centenary Bank is to send money for cash pickup. The money will usually be available within minutes of the transfer being made.
What are the maximum limits for transfers to Centenary Bank?
- Bank transfer – Send a maximum of UGX 7,000,000 per transfer
- Cash pickup – Send a maximum of UGX 35,900,000 per transfer