Send bank transfers to Sri Lanka
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Sri Lanka via bank transfer.
Which banks can I send to in Sri Lanka?
You can transfer money to any bank in Sri Lanka.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Sri Lanka?
You can send to checking / current, savings, and business accounts.
When will funds be credited for bank transfers to Sri Lanka?
Usually 1-2 working days.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send when sending bank transfers to Sri Lanka?
Sri Lankan Rupees (LKR) only.
How much can I send when sending bank transfers to Sri Lanka?
There are limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient in Sri Lanka?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s 1) bank name, 2) bank branch/branch code, and 3) account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.