Send to eZ Cash Mobile Money accounts
eZ Cash Mobile Money
eZ Cash Mobile Money Sri Lanka
Send money instantly to eZ Cash subscribers in Sri Lanka on the Etisalat and Hutch Networks.
- Please check that the recipient already has a Mobile Money account.
- You will need the recipient's Mobile Money number.
What is eZ Cash in Sri Lanka?
eZ Cash is a mobile money provider that allows users to perform a wide range of financial transactions using their Etisalat and Hutch mobile phones anytime, anywhere.
At WorldRemit, you can send money to eZ Cash mobile money accounts from more than 50 countries around the world. That money will be converted to ‘e-Money’ and can be used by your recipient to make payments, buy products, buy airtime top-ups, pay bills and more. That makes it a fast and convenient way to support your loved ones overseas.
How can eZ Cash mobile money accounts be used?
For many people in underbanked countries such as Sri Lanka, an eZ Cash mobile money account can be a convenient alternative to a bank account. It allows users to perform many of the same transactions as a bank account and gives them somewhere they can store their money safely.
eZ Cash users in Sri Lanka can:
- Receive and store money
- Withdraw cash
- Pay bills
- Buy products and services in stores and online
- Buy airtime top-ups for their Dialog, Etisalat and Hutch phones
- Send money to other eZ Cash users
- Pay for insurance, school fees, airline tickets and more
How to register for eZ Cash in Sri Lanka
Registering for an eZ Cash mobile money account is easy. Just dial #111# and follow the instructions. You must set and confirm the PIN number you’ll use to access your account. That PIN should be kept confidential at all times. You’ll receive an SMS notification to let you know when you have registered successfully.
How do I send money to eZ Cash accounts?
At WorldRemit, you can send money to an eZ Cash mobile money account in Sri Lanka 24/7 from any device. Just create your free WorldRemit account and follow the simple steps below:
- Visit our homepage and select Sri Lanka from the 'choose a country to send to' dropdown list
- Select ‘Mobile Money’ as the preferred service
- Tap in the amount you want to send
- You’ll be redirected to a new page to sign in or create an account
- Enter your recipient’s details including their full name (as it’s registered on their eZ Cash account), their eZ Cash account number, mobile number and the sending reason
- Pay online
- The funds will be available instantly – we’ll send you and your recipient SMS alerts to let you know the funds have been credited
Importantly, WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any fees for this transaction.
What is the limit for eZ Cash accounts?
That depends on the type of account you have. The ‘Classic Account’, which you’ll be given on registration, has an account limit of 10,000 Sri Lanka Rupees (LKR).
If you choose to upgrade your existing eZ Cash account to a ‘Power Account’, you’ll have a limit of LKR 25,000.
At WorldRemit, you can transfer a maximum of LKR 25,000 per transfer and LKR 100,000 per 30 days to eZ Cash accounts in Sri Lanka. However, your recipient will not be able to exceed their eZ Cash account limit.
How do I withdraw money from eZ Cash accounts?
eZ Cash account holders on the Dialog, Etisalat and Hutch networks can withdraw money from any Commercial Bank ATMs that display the eZ Cash logo. All you need to do is:
- Select ‘Cardless Transactions’
- Choose your preferred language
- Select ‘eZ Cash’
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw
- Enter your eZ Cash account number
- Enter your eZ Cash PIN number
- Complete the transaction