Send cash pickups to Sierra Leone
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Sierra Leone via cash pickup.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Sierra Leone?
Cash is available to collect from any of the following branches:
- Afro International
- Wickburn Foreign Exchange
When will funds be available to collect in Sierra Leone?
Usually within ten minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send when sending cash pickups to Sierra Leone?
Sierra Leonean Leone (SLL) only.
How much can I send to when sending cash pickups to Sierra Leone?
There may be limits depending on the country where you are sending from, the payment method used to fund the transfer or the payout location. Please see the relevant section in payments for more info.
Maximum amount per transaction: $ 10,000.00 ~ SLL 80,000,000.00
Please note: Transactions over GBP 5,000 collected from Afro International branches will be paid by bank cheque only.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending cash pickups to Sierra Leone?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Sierra Leone?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- Sierra Leonean passport
- National ID card
- Driving licence
- Foreign passport with visa or refugee card
- Residence permit
- Voter's ID
Quote 10-digit transaction reference number beginning with SL. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.