- Where can my recipient collect the funds in Nigeria?
- When will funds be available to be collected in Nigeria?
- What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Nigeria?
- How much can I send for cash pickups to Nigeria?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send cash pickups to Nigeria?
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Nigeria?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Nigeria?
Your recipient can collect from any branch of:
When will funds be available to be collected in Nigeria?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Nigeria?
Nigerian Naira (NGN) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups to Nigeria?
A maximum of NGN 1,000,000 and per transfer.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send cash pickups to Nigeria?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Nigeria?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- Nigerian passport
- Nigerian driver’s licence
- Other government issued photo IDs
8-digit transaction reference number. Please note that if you change your beneficiary the reference will be 12 digits. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and will send the transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds. After supplying the 8 or 12 digit reference number your beneficiary will then be sent a 7 digit code to their mobile phone. This should be received within a couple of minutes after supplying the transaction reference number. Your beneficiary will need this additional code to collect so please supply a valid mobile phone number for your recipient.