Send mobile money to Ivory Coast
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Ivory Coast via Mobile Money.
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Ivory Coast?
You can send to MTN Ivory Coast mobile money accounts.
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Ivory Coast?
Within one working day.
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send mobile money accounts in Ivory Coast?
West African CFA franc (XOF) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Ivory Coast?
- A maximum of XOF 1,500,000 per transaction.
- A minimum of XOF 5 per transaction.
- Your recipient’s MTN Ivory Coast mobile money account can only have a maximum of XOF 1,500,00 at any given moment. Please ensure that your recipient’s account has sufficient capacity foar the transfer to be processed successfully. Your recipient can do this by reducing the balance in their account.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method you used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant payment section for more information.
What information do I need from my recipient to send to mobile money accounts in Ivory Coast?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays. The recipient’s name should match the name on their mobile account exactly.
- We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile Money account number:
- Fully registered and active MTN mobile money accounts only.
- Length: 8 digits in total (excluding country code). MTN numbers begin with 04,05,06,44,45,46,54,55,56,64,65,66,74,75,76,84,85,86
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This may be different from the mobile money account number.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay in Ivory Coast?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.