Send cash pickups to Indonesia
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Indonesia via cash pickup.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Indonesia?
You can collect from any branches and outlets of:
- PT POS
- Toko Reguler outlets
- Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI)
- Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI)
When will funds be available to collect in Indonesia?
Transfers made to our Cash Pick up partners in Indonesia are available within a few minutes up to 1 hour. Recipients can claim within the specific operating hours of our partners’ locations. Additionally, we may sometimes require further information from the customer before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you (Sender) if this is the case.
What currencies can I send when sending cash pickups to Indonesia?
Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) only.
How much can I send when sending cash pickups to Indonesia?
- A maximum of IDR 110,000,000 per transaction when sending through the Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI) network.
- A maximum of IDR 25,000,000 per transaction when sending through the Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI), PT Pos, Pegadaian, Alfa Mart and Toko Reguler outlets.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending cash pickups to Indonesia?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Indonesia?
- Valid photo-bearing ID - This must be one of the following: Indonesian passport, Indonesian driver’s license, Kartu Tanda Penduduk (KTP) or other government-issued ID card.
- Quote "Merchantrade" and the 14-digit transaction reference number - We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.
- For collection at the outlets of BNI Bank, PT Pos, Pegadaian, Alfa Mart and Toko Reguler, recipient is encouraged to mention the “cash pickup code” (BNI WESEL PIN)
- Recipient’s Mobile Number and Address: the recipient is required to provide his/her mobile number and address during claim
- Important Reminders:
- For a foreign recipient in Indonesia, the person must produce his/her passport or other Indonesian-government issued ID as well as other required validations (during claim)
- Should the recipient intend to pick up the transaction (cash) at a different city other than the city where the ID has been issued, the recipient needs to provide two (2) valid IDs issued by the Indonesia government for authenticity and validation.
- Recipient’s age (as may be indicated in his/her valid ID), should be 17 years old and above.