Click on any of the following links for more information on sending bank transfers to Guinea-Bissau:
- Which banks can I send to in Guinea-Bissau?
- What type of accounts can I send to in Guinea-Bissau?
- When will funds be credited in Guinea-Bissau?
- What currencies can I send in Guinea-Bissau?
- How much can I send to Guinea-Bissau?
- What information do I need from my recipient in Guinea-Bissau?
Which banks can I send to in Guinea-Bissau?
You can send transfers to all banks in Guinea-Bissau.
What type of accounts can I send to in Guinea-Bissau?
You can send to checking / current accounts, savings accounts and business accounts.
When will funds be credited in Guinea-Bissau?
Usually within 1 working day. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send in Guinea-Bissau?
CFA Franc (XOF) only.
How much can I send to Guinea-Bissau?
The maximum amount per transfer is dependent on the country you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payements for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient in Guinea-Bissau?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) Basic Bank Account Number (BBAN)
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.