Send mobile money to Colombia
Please note: If you're a first-time customer, you will need to visit a Davivienda / Daviplata branch to register your mobile wallet before your first mobile money transfer can be completed.
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Colombia?
You can send to any Daviplata and Bancolombia a la mano mobile accounts.
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered, (2) active and (3) enabled for automatic deposits.
When will funds be credited to be credited to mobile money accounts in Colombia?
- Speed: Within 1 working day
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Colombia?
Colombian Peso (COP) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Colombia?
- A maximum of USD 600 per transfer (equivalent in COP).
- Your recipient’s Daviplata account can only have a maximum balance of USD 600 (equivalent in COP) at any given moment. Please ensure that your recipient’s account has sufficient capacity for the transfer to be processed successfully. Your recipient can do this by reducing the balance in their account.
- If transfer will bring recipient's mobile money account over the imposed limit, it will be converted to cash and you and your recipient will get email and sms with reference number for collection.
What information do I need from my recipient to send to mobile money accounts in Colombia?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active Daviplata accounts only.
- Length: 10 digits in total (excluding country code).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transfer, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay in Colombia?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transfer.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.