Send bank transfers to Chile
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Chile via Bank Transfer.
Which banks can I send to in Chile?
You can transfer money to the following banks in Chile:
- Banco Santander
- Santiago, Banco Security
- HSBC Bank
- Banco BBVA
- Banco Bice
- Banco Consorcio
- Banco Crédito Inversiones
- Banco de Chile - Edwards
- Banco del Desarrollo
- Banco Estado
- Banco Falabella
- Banco Internacional
- Banco Itau - Corpbanca
- Banco Penta
- Banco Ripley
- Banco Santa
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Chile?
You can send to checking/ current, savings and business accounts.
When will funds be credited when sending bank transfers to Chile?
Usually within 1 working day. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send when sending bank transfers to Chile?
Chiliean Peso (CLP) only.
How much can I send when sending bank transfers to Chile?
- You can send a minimum of USD 20 equivalent in CLP per transfer.
- You can send a maximum of USD 10,000 per transfer and per month.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending bank transfers to Chile?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) bank branch name and (3) account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What additional information may I need?
Sometimes it’s necessary for transactions to be held, either by us or our partners, in order to comply with relevant regulations. To comply with these regulatory obligations, we may ask for the purpose of your transaction or a source of funds for example. We will send you an email if this is the case.