Click on any of the following links for more information on sending bank transfers to Benin:
- Which banks can I send to in Benin?
- What type of accounts can I send to in Benin?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Benin?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Benin?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in Benin?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send a bank transfer to Benin?
Which banks can I send to in Benin?
You can transfer money to all major banks in Benin, including:
- Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO)
- Bank of Africa
- Banque Internationale du Benin
- United Bank for Africa Benin (UBA)
- NSIA Banque Benin
- Société Générale
- Banque Sahélo-Saharienne pour l'Investissement et le Commerce
- Banque Atlantique
- BGFI Banque
- Coris Bank
What type of accounts can I send to in Benin?
You can send to checking/ current, savings and business accounts.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Benin?
Usually within 1 working day. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Benin?
West African CFA Franc (XOF) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Benin?
There may be limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send a bank transfer to Benin?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s:
- Bank name
- The Basic Bank Account Number (BBAN). This consists of 5 characters bank code, 5 digits branch code, 12 digits account number and 2 digits RIB key.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.